Poor Landlords

Had to do an eviction yesterday. Met the agent and the landlord at the apartment block. I got the feeling that this was going to be a 'fun' job when the owner had his own personal security guard with him, then 6 police turned up. The agent had been trying to evict these tenants (8 junkies + kids living in there) for about 5 months. They owed over $4000 in back rent, but our court system protects the rights of the tenant over the landlord these days, no matter what, so it had been a major job to progress to this eviction. As this was a furnished apartment, the tenants reported conveniently the day before eviction that they had been burgled, and that the TV, lounge, dishwasher, dining room table, and stove had been stolen, (yeah right)...... Anyway, needless to say, upon entry, the filth and smell was close to that of something dead. All but 3 of the tenants had to be dragged out and taken away in the paddy wagon. All the folks living in adjoining units came out and cheered when these a*holes were carted away. The place was soooo rank that there was even greasy muck inside the lock cylinders, almost like brown bees wax. I think that at some stage they may have had a LAB on the go in there. The only redeeming thing about this particular job was that one of the police women looked like a Penthouse centerfold, and boy, could she twist arms !

Reply to
Steve Paris

And the really funny thing that everyone goes on about is .......

" make your fortune through investment property "

Yeah - right .....

I see lots of trashed & run down rental property that the owners cannot even afford to renovate.

Paul

Reply to
oldlock

it only works during times of rampant price speculation. like right now for example.

but even at that the money is made SELLING the POS to a "greater fool"

there is seldom money in operations.

Reply to
billb

Press and hold the "alt" key, then press "0162" on the keypad. alt0162 = ¢

Reply to
Unk

Reminder: The characters over 127 are actually not ASCII; they're extended encodings, and may not appear the same on all systems.

Reply to
Joe Kesselman

that's right the first incarnation was a 7 bit deal. i think airlines still use a 6 bit deal, that's why what they print is always all caps. with only

64 characters there's no room for lower case.
Reply to
billb