Re: rekey a schlage

Reply to
"RC" da "PCDJ

AFTER allowing the parts to explode all over, THEN you'll need a Schlage tool to depress the pin & turn the cap to allow depression of the retainer,

Newnsie

Reply to
UPUHRS5437

re-key it. I

get the handle

7/10/2003

yes, but it requires the lock to be disassembled. just take it to you're local lock shop. the charge for fitting a key is really not that much. we would charge $15.00...

g'luck

Reply to
"Keyman

The A and D lines can be disassembled from the back, while the lock is off the door. With the F-line, you're stuck.

I understand the challenge, but you can get a new one at Home Depot for about twenty bucks. Can you get someone else in the shop to work on picking it?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

how do I tell what line it is [A/D/F] the number on the inside says 11RM81

Rod

Reply to
R O D L L O Y D

Dear Shiva, I've never seen a Schalge F that would come apart without turning the keyhole.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Thanks, I was strainign trying to figure out hwo to describe the difference over the news group like this. I believe you said it best of all.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

i have seen some... the usual that I see is turning the knob to find the pin... --Shiva-- nuk pu nuk

Reply to
--Shiva--

Reply to
"RC" da "PCDJ

Reply to
"RC" da "PCDJ

Well, it's very possible they changed their designs lately. I know about ten or so years ago, they changed the deadbolts. I used to install a bunch of them in the late 80's, and really liked them. The new ones I don't like.

I'm guessing you're more up to date than I am.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Ah.... so...... <bows to group>

Wasn't Schlage in Germany? Wouldn't surprise me that they are maybe importing from Japan or Taiwan now.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon