Just when I thew it away

You know, when you read this, half of you guys are going to smile and shake your head. And half of you will think I made this up, and half of you will know exactly what I mean.

About six months ago, I decided that I had too much clutter around. Well, I still do, so maybe it's just me.

I looked at a LOT of old blanks, and figured most of them I'd not used since

1986 when I started my shop. I've cut probably two Elgin, maybe one Clinton CL-1, and so on.

So, I threw out all the old Curtis steelies, and threw out most of the odd blanks I've never used.

The phone rang yesterday, and gal has an old Yale key, which she needs copied. Turns out, sure as she said, it is a five pin Yale door key. That key blank looks familiar.... sure enough, it's a Curtis Y-3. I've not cut one of those, ever. In the twenty years or so I've been in business. And sure as can be, she wants four more of the apartment key, and one more dup of the master key.

I searched a while, and can't find any. Got her number. More searching, and after she left I found "three" of those blanks.

Don't ever throw anything away....

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Now, wait a minute! That's THREE halves! That's more that you're allowed to have.

Oh. That's right. You're a Mormon! ;)

Bobby

Reply to
Bob DeWeese, CML

I've found that there are three types of people in this world. Those who can count, and those who can't.

Oh, reminds me I've got a good clutter of old key blanks, if a need should occur out there.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

to smile and

and half of you will