Transponder equipment....

Just wanted a recommendation from you pros as to which transponder equipment you use/like....

I've been looking at possibly getting Codeseeker, but T-code and SDD seem good, and I just came across the NGS XL, which says that it's the one that has the CAN VIM module for newer fords... any reccos would be appreciated.

Reply to
Skald Grimnir

whats your clintel?

FWIW, I was just told by a Ford mechanic they are replacing their 'laptops' here shortly with palm pilots.. --Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--

I work for Hertz rent a car, right now, so I actually get exposed to mostly Fords, GMCs, Toyotas, Kias, and Hyundais, along with a few others here and there.

Reply to
Skald Grimnir

the NGS is restricted to just Fords. been there done that... I don't have any recommendations but you should look into equipment that does multiple types. I have been looking into such but, as you, I am not sure which way to go.

Reply to
Key

several choices of tool here.. make CERTAIN it can do old and CAN as well as the new ones.

you can buy the GM tool, if you dont want to wait the 30 minutes on some models.. in others, its 10 minutes either way..

keys come with new computer, $1,000 and up. AFAIK

no ideas.,.

along with a few others here and

a LOT of the foreign are replace the computer.. or keys from dealer.. VW comes to mind. Jag is a DEALER ONLY..as is Land Rover.. --Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--

I currently have a Codeseeker that does well for my sporadic and varied clientel. (It is supposedly made by the same people that produce the T-Code)

I have never used it on a hyundai so no guess there for sure.

Good Luck in your search.

Reply to
arrowlockservice

Reply to
Floyd and Wanda Tucker

---snip---

what are your comments on the t-code ? does it cover all the major manufactures ? if you don't mind ? what was the total cost for getting set-up with the t-code ?

thanks

Reply to
Key