100 Million Tons of Li

Both directions.

Reply to
krw

And covered with ice six months out of the year. All of the odd months.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

What a strange comment.

Been there btw. You don't see palm trees much in Britain never mind in Scotland.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Dumb Donkey doesn't understand US humor. "Oh, Yeah? Well, I had to walk 25 miles one way to school. It snowed every other day, and it was up hill in both directions!" Its something you tell a kid who is complaining about something silly. This really fits with you because the kids don't get it, either.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Sadly, Americans often don't get British Humour either, especially the really dry or obscure stuff.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

It's your lifestyle that leaves you short. The days of happy motoring are coming to an end.

Reply to
Maximust

It's because the Brits misspell 'humor'.

Reply to
Maximust

They came to an end in S.E. England at least 20 years ago. I can't recall driving for pleasure for easily that long. I try and avoid any unnecessary journey now. Congestion, badly timed lights, speed cameras. It's all too much trouble except for essential travel like commuting where public transport has very rarely been a viable option for me. There's a limit to where the trains go and the buses are infinitely slow. One example, a 45 minute commute by car became 2 1/4 hours by bus, train plus bus when my car was out of action. That's 4 1/2 hours commuting a day !

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Now don't start that business ! Why's it called English ? It's the language of the people who live in England. I accept that various modified forms exist. You should however call yours 'US English'.

Btw, the PRC is catching up fast as one of the biggest users of the English language. They speak it VERY well too, as do the Swedes in particular.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore