100 Million Tons of Li

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote:

Sadly, Americans often don't get British Humour either, especially the really dry or obscure stuff.
Graham
Eeyore wrote:

It's because the Brits misspell 'humor'.

Maximust wrote:

Now don't start that business ! Why's it called English ? It's the language of the people who live in England. I accept that various modified forms exist. You should however call yours 'US English'. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_language
Btw, the PRC is catching up fast as one of the biggest users of the English language. They speak it VERY well too, as do the Swedes in particular.
Graham
Claude Hopper wrote:

It's your lifestyle that leaves you short. The days of happy motoring are coming to an end.

Maximust wrote:

They came to an end in S.E. England at least 20 years ago. I can't recall driving for pleasure for easily that long. I try and avoid any unnecessary journey now. Congestion, badly timed lights, speed cameras. It's all too much trouble except for essential travel like commuting where public transport has very rarely been a viable option for me. There's a limit to where the trains go and the buses are infinitely slow. One example, a 45 minute commute by car became 2 1/4 hours by bus, train plus bus when my car was out of action. That's 4 1/2 hours commuting a day !
Graham
Eeyore wrote:

No it's not. I used to commute 50 miles one way. That leaves me a little short. If the Tesla can go 250 miles and the EV1 could go 100 on lead acid, like I said, what's wrong with GM? You know they are anti-electric. People who had EV1's loves them so they got taken away and crushed. Had they gone into production they would have improved substantially. The Volt will be prices at 40K+. You also know that GM COULD copy Tesla's hand made car at 98K and mass produce them for 40K. I think Exxon/Mobil's dick is too far up GM's butt.
Bret Cahill wrote:

Not cheaply. Popular Science-type scientists used to claim uranium could be extracted from seawater, too.
Maximust wrote:

Easier to dig the ore out of the ground FFS.
Graham
Bret Cahill wrote:

NO