Temp. of Clear Braided Tubing

Some Nylabraid can take radiator temperatures and pressures ~ 200 F @ 10 psi. What about that clear braided stuff at the hardware store?

Bret Cahill
I'll pump some up in boiling water for a test.
I'll get back with the results.
Bret Cahill
190 F at 25 psi for 20 minutes.
The only issue now is is PVC attacked by antifreeze?
Bret Cahill

Nope. See: http://www.coleparmer.com/techinfo/chemcomp.asp and put in antifreeze or ethylene glycol
You are nowhere near done though. Service limits for plastic pipe or tube call for a combination of both time and temperature.
Pittsburgh Pete

Giving me that site is kind of like the incompetent doctor getting the cross indexed medical reference book in the short story, "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" by Hemingway.
Just kidding . . .
Bret Cahill

Nope. See: http://www.coleparmer.com/techinfo/chemcomp.asp and put in ethylene glycol or antifreeze
You are nowhere near done though. Service limits for plastic pipe or tube call for a combination of both time and temperature.
Pittsburgh Pete

Thanks.
I once installed an sprayer with stiff PVC tubing that supposedly could take hot water and it soon sagged between the supports.
The braided PCV bulged by 10% in the middle.
I'm ducting/piping my heater core onto the seat and I don't want a mess.
I can always keep the heat off until the demonstration and, if my calculations are correct, only one hose needs to take 180 F water. Downstream should be 140F. Transmission hose should be able to take the heat, if not the antifreeze.
I might hydro test the liquid side in the shower turning up the temp as far as it will go on the hot water heater.
Or maybe I'll run almost straight water and hope there are no cold snaps.
Bret Cahill

I eventually figured that out and bought 8 feet at $0.70/foot.
Being able to watch transparent liquid flow through a clear hose has limited entertainment value.
Bret Cahill