about solder in pentium 4

I have 2 questions here. What kind of material is the current solder in Pentium 4 made of? Can we replace the solder by Sn-5Sb? why? Thank you very much !!

Reply to
Jack

Jack:

Learn to use google. If you look in Chapters 9 and 15 of the Intel Packaging Databook at:

you will find some useful information in Chapters 9 and 15. Solder balls generally are eutectic lead tin.

Now look up the eutectic temperature for it and for the Sn-5Sb eutectic, and consider whether the rest of the materials in the package can handle the higher temperature...

Pittsburgh Pete

DISCLAIMER

We don't believe what we write, and neither should you. Information furnished to you is for topical (external) use only. This information may not be worth any more than either a groundhog turd, or what you paid for it (nothing). The author may not even have been either sane or sober when he wrote it down. Don't worry, be happy.

Reply to
Pittsburgh Pete