Can Gallium form amalgam-type alloys?

Hi all,
I'm wondering if molten Ga (m.p. ca. 30 oC) would dissolve other metals,much like Hg does. And if so, which metals
have great, or at least appreciable, solubilities in liquid Ga. I've the feeling that alkali metals will do, probably Al, Sc, and perhaps Y, La, and Lanthanides, too. What about the classical triad Cu, Ag, Au? Also, for Ge, Sn, and Pb.
I did some searches, but found about nothing interesting. Any direct info or links would be greatly appreciated.
thank you for your attention, Angelo
snipped-for-privacy@libero.it (Angelo) wrote in message

Try searching Google under gallium amalgam. You will find this four year old British Dental Journal article about some commercial dental products:
http://www.nature.com/bdj/journal/v189/n6/pdf/4800755a.pdf
Amalgams for fillings are medical products which means that a search of Public Medline can find lots of abstracts to magazine articles. Go to the Entrez site at:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi
and put in the key words gallium amalgam. There's even one review article titled Gamalgamation! Click on "Related Articles" for even more references.
Pittsburgh Pete
Pittsburgh Pete wrote:

As said in my OP, I did, but found (a lot of) single cases, mainly concernig dentistry and failed to get a fully satisfying, coherent set of data in a chemistry oriented fashion. Perhaps it's my fault, for not bothering examine all the huge amount of refs. I'll retry ASAP.

Oh, very good, indeed!

Thanks Pete
Mark Thorson wrote [in a subsequent post]:

http://patft.uspto.gov/netahtml/search-adv.htm
Thanks Mark
Best regards, Angelo
Angelo wrote:

Look here. Gallium indeed forms amalgams with aluminum and other metals.
http://patft.uspto.gov/netahtml/search-adv.htm