Cut raw quartz crystals for sale

Hello folks,

In the past, there was some interest in these forums for raw quartz crystals, so I am posting a bunch for sale here. I'd sell them on e-bay, but you'd never find them doing a search for "quartz crystal" because of all the magic healing crystal crap for sale.

These are for experimentation. I believe they were once used for studying the oscillation properties of quartz, but it's also possible they could be used in optical experiments. I don't know the crystal cut of any of them, but some are certainly thick enough to make small lenses.

The crystals are sold in three batches, listed below, with links to a photo for each. The price is as given, and shipping is for the stated weight (converted to pounds) plus 1/2 pound for the box from

22903 and $2 to cover the packaging.

Thanks for checking and please ask any questions if interested. Please reply to snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.net.

Danube

Batch #1: 764 grams. Mostly square. All but a few are

0.99"x0.99"x0.2" thick. All surfaces are matt finish. All are marked with numerous experimental notations in pencil on one face. There are about 45 good pieces and the remaining few are chipped or irregular. Photo: hhtp://
$12

Batch #2: 578 grams. Mostly rectangular, typically 0.195 - 0.200" thick. Some irregular shapes. Semi-polished on short edges, matt on large surfaces. Largest piece is 2.4 x 0.8 x 0.2" Not plated. Photo: hhtp://

$10

Batch #3: 446 grams. Irregular pieces. Some are ~1/8" thick x ~1.5" x ~2" Some are ~1 x 1 x 0.2" Three are ~1.5 x 2 x 0.2" One is 1 x 2.25 x 0.2" metalized on both large surfaces 5 are 0.475 x 0.475 x 0.2" metalized on both sides Photo: hhtp://

$15

Reply to
danube

It seems that that as you know nothing about the axis direction these are useless except as healing crystals!

Stop wasting this forum's time and get a better price on Ebay.

Reply to
Helpful person

That's not very helpful. I'm sure there are indeed people on this forum who might be interested, if only for curosity sake. At his prices, it would be hard to go wrong.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Mirror:

Repair | Main Table of Contents:

+Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ:
| Mirror Sites:
Note: These links are hopefully temporary until we can sort out the excessive traffic on Repairfaq.org.

Important: Anything sent to the email address in the message header above is ignored unless my full name is included in the subject line. Or, you can contact me via the Feedback Form in the FAQs.

Reply to
Sam Goldwasser

Thanks for the support.

The crystals are indeed of interest to those in this forum, as I believe I have sold some here in the distant past.

The markings on them may be a clue to the cut, but I don't know much about them. I'm pretty sure they were used for studying the electrical properties of the quartz as an RF oscillator, not for the optical properties. They are probably all cut the same way, and they could very well be C-cut, which makes them extremely desirable at this price. If anyone can suggest a quick, simple way to verify, I will do so.

Danube

Reply to
danube