Cutting TiO2(110) wafer

Hi!

I've got a TiO2(110) wafer for my STM experiment but it seems to exceed the allowed sample size. Now I need to cut it, but as far as I know, the cleavage is easy only in one direction, i.e. parallel to (110) plane.

The wafer is 0.5 mm thick. Does anybody know how to cut it without destroying completely the wafer? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards, Antoni Rok

Reply to
Ant

You can cut glass that thick with a scissors. The trick is to do it submerged in a bucket of water. You can easily cut it into arbitrary shapes. I don't if this trick would work with a crystal wafer of TiO2.

Reply to
Mark Thorson