Density of a porous particle knowing the mass of N particles

I know the mass of N porous particles and their mean diameter. The volume of the particles is N*(PI*Dp^3)/6, where N is the number of porous particles, PI is 3.14159... and Dp is the mean particle diameter. To which kind of density the ratio mass/volume so obtained corresponds? I need to determine the porous particle density (including pores) and I know the pore volume (in cc/gram).

Reply to
Porosity

Walks like homework, talks like homework........

Ok, It is a "Homework" density.

Reply to
Jbuch

V = N*pi*(Dp^3)/6. Assuming 'mass' is total mass (particles + whatever's in the pores):

density including pores: mass/V

mass excluding pores: mass - V/(pore volume)

density excluding pores: (mass - V/(pore volume))/V

Assuming 'mass' is just for the particles, not the pores (closely approximated if only air is filling the pores, i. e. mass_pores

Reply to
rekuci