Dip Thermometer Solution for a furnace...???

Hey, What would be the Ideal solution for a Dip Thermometer (by Dip I would meant a probe that would be in constant contact with what ever I wanna
measure the temperature of in a furnace) as a permanent installation so I can get REAL TIME temperature.
Anothe solution I could think of was to drill a hold in the furnace wall and get the probe to be close to the furnace insides. I know there would be a certain offset... but what the hell :)
If theres anyother solution let me know. Cause something tells me the DIP would mean that Id be losing the probe even after a sheeth in about a few months.
Just wondering what else can I do???
Thanks in advance,
Regards Taji
Tajinder Malhi wrote:

Well, you could perhaps mention the temperature of interest or temperatures of interest.
ALL temperatures is not an adequate response.
You could also mention how accurate your requirements are.
As accurate as POSSIBLE is not an adequate response.
There may be a variety of solutions depending upon your temperature and environment (air, CO2, N2,.....) and your accuracy needs or wishes or daydreams.
Well... I since this is would be for lead smelting... so we can look at somewhere close to 1000 Degress Celcius...
Accuracy... well an offset of 50 degrees say...
And as Ive told u about the blast funace so you can understand the environment...
Now if we can look at some viable solution and its installation...:) My only requirement is REAL TIME temprature measurement. And yes... I know about he hazards of lead, reuqiremenst of safety & pollution and other legalities involved and am looking into them :)
Thanks for the help, Regards, taji