Real Time Temperature Measurement for Blast Furnace

Hey, What would be the Ideal solution for a Dip Thermometer (by Dip I would meant a probe that would be in constant contact with what ever I wanna
measure the temperature of in a furnace) as a permanent installation so I can get REAL TIME temperature.
Hmm... this would be for a lead furnace... so I guess 1000 Degrees celcius would be the temperature of operation atleast... :)
And as for accuracy well say 50 degreees offset wouldnt do any harm I presume...
Another solution I could think of was to drill a hole in the furnace wall and get the probe to be close to the furnace insides. I know there would be a certain offset... but what the hell :)
If theres anyother solution let me know. Cause something tells me the DIP would mean that Id be losing the probe even after a sheeth in about a few months.
I know of the hazards of lead, and all trhe legal requirements and stuff and am looking into them as well...
Just wondering what else can I do as a solution for temperature measurement in Real Time???
Thanks in advance,
Regards Taji
Tajinder Malhi wrote:

Any possibility to measure with infrared?
Regards,
Ralf
Tajinder Malhi wrote:

Check out using graphite rod as resistor (non-linear) of covering for thermocouple.
ED