Eating metal

Which metal can you eat without dying a painful death ?

I mean, a friend of mine once tasted Plutonium and it wasn´t too good for him, but at least the maggots and worms at the graveyard are happy now (and they´ll glow in the dark).

Reply to
Tim Spujum

Supposedly, there was a Frenchman who ate a bicycle, a little bit at a time. However, a Google search only found sparse information about him. His name is given variously as Lotito or Mangetout, all from souces that seem second- or third-hand, at best. Therefore, I am deeply skeptical the story is true. Normally, a good story, no matter how obscure, will generate oodles of Google hits -- if not entire web sites -- devoted to it.

Hmmm. . . if one were to pick a silly story to invent a web site for . . . naaah, it would be wrong to contribute toward creating an urban myth.

Reply to
Mark Thorson

This gentleman:

He was also supposed to eat a billboard in London a few years back, as part of the "Everything tastes better with Heinz" campaign, but I think it got stopped.

Reply to
Richard Kemp

Of course, if you really want to have fun, there is always Goldschlager. Though you'll probably die of the alcohol first if you have too much.......

I've tried it, it's nothing impressive...unless you are trying to show off.

Andy Hapka

Reply to
Andy Hapka

I remember seeing the appearance of a "Monsieur Mangetout" on a german TV-show ages ago when i was a kid. He drank a glass of wine, then ate the glass. He spiced it up with a few nails. The kind of show that sticks :-)

So the guy was real or a real good ilusionist.

Reply to
dave.lister