effect of strain rate on cleavage fracture

please describe for me the mecanisem of effect of strain rate on brittle fracture?assume that every situation are fixed just strain rate is variable. thanks for your attention

Reply to
mahmood shaikhattar

Mahmood, you should be ashamed. You have asked essentially the same question twice to the same people. I hope nobody has told your mother.

If you did not like our intial answer then at least give us the courtesy of making your question more explicit, hence more answerable.

You have asked us the equivalent of "how many angels can sit on the end of a pin?"; but you have not told us the size of the pin!

What strain rates are you interested in? 1E-6/sec, 1E+6/sec,

1E+27/sec? Are you asking about metals, ceramics, polymers, liquids, or what?

Is this a nuclear explosion or the flow of a mountain over millenia?

Reply to
dave martin

Mahmood, here's your answer:

V(strain) --> ((delta L / L) ^(-1) * ln (pi/2)) (dU/dx)

assume (delta L) = 1.0E-16 (based on your parameters supplied)

Plug into your calculator for your answer.

********************************************************* This information is for personal use only. No warranty or potential for correctness is expressed or implied. Do not contact me in any way. Do not send SPAM to my email address.

Reply to
Gung Ho