Electromagnetic Effects in Inhomogeneous Materials

Please note that voltages are not energy nor are they current. Please get your terminology straight. The same goes for your sources. Note also that if the potentials that you indicate are present at the nerve- then nerve firing would occur- ouch is the normal reaction. Do amalgams hurt?

remove the X to answer
Don Kelly wrote:

I do not confuse voltage with current, nor with energy, nor with anything else.
You only imagine that I do.
When an electrical potential (voltage) arises in an electrically conductive circuit then a current flows and (neglecting for the sake of this argument the possibility of any "perfect" conductor being present) energy is dissipated to the surroundings.
These effects are intimately connected with each other, and in describing their simultaneous occurence in any physical system concisely it is possible to provide opportunists such as yourself with a chance to convince themselves (and perhaps others who may be similarly motivated) that an erroneous assertion has been made.
However, when an electrical potential (voltage) drives a current in a conductive circuit the tendency is for the potential to diminish, or be "dissipated".
In the case of amalgam potentials, the neurological fibres leading from the teeth provide electrically conductive paths "through" which the voltages might be dissipated by driving an electrical current along them (remember that we know of no experimental evidence to indicate that the most sensitive measuring devices currently available are not able to detect such electrical currents in nerve fibres in the vicinity of teeth with amalgam fillings).
And of course, as we have already stated, when this happens energy is dissipated to the surroundings.
Now, it has been demonstrated experimentally that metal amalgam dental fillings generate electrical potentials with magnitudes of up to 350 millivolts.
You can read all about it at:
http://book.boot.users.btopenworld.com/dutch.htm
And it appears that these electrical potentials are generally always present, because other studies have demonstrated that they quickly re-establish themselves whenever they are momentarily discharged. See:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids !03035&doptstract
I challenge you to demonstrate that these sources are not accurate.
Keith P Walsh
By the way, when a static electrical charge is discharged via the gap between your hand and a metal doorknob, the "ouch" that you feel is due to the muscular spasm induced momentarily in the end of your finger. There are no muscles in the upper or lower mandibles where the human neurological system is connected to the teeth. However there are some very sensitive organs quite close by. Did you ever read that Vincent van Gogh complained of "ringing in the ears"? No-one ever told him he had "tinnitus". (It was almost 100 years later when the medical profession gave this condition a name.) They just told him he was crazy. One thing's for certain - he never attended a Led Zeppelin concert. (Although apparently he did have rather bad teeth.)
On 25 Oct 2006 01:01:10 -0700, "Keith P Walsh"

No need to ridicule you Mr. Walsh, you do it to yourself so well, no one else need step in.
I still see you as the gentleman troll AND mercury almagam induced head case spammer. Your posts are harmless and in good fun unlike others on various sci. newsgroups.
IMO the funniest reply to your last round of posts was this gem by the ascerbic Uncle Al, who posted a little over a year ago:
Walsh - you are a spamming trolling idiot with a psychotic dental amalgam fixation. Have all your teeth pulled, shove them up your ass individually or in groups, then FOaD.
--
Uncle Al
http://www.mazepath.com/uncleal /
MA Sonjariv wrote:

Yes, I think that Uncle Al was still sore at me for having exposed his ignorance in an earlier thread.
Here's how it happened. This is from Tues, May 22 2001 (Uncle Al first, then me):
">> LOL. You should add, for the uninformed, that the thermoelectric power

-or perhaps until a dentist screws metal alloy retaining pins into the root sockets of a patient's tooth and encases the heads of the pins in mercury amalgam.
How much would one expect the thermoelectric power to matter then?"
You see, Uncle Al didn't realise that it has been regular practice for dentists to screw metal alloy retaining pins into the root sockets of patients' teeth and encase the heads of the pins in amalgam.
I invited him to explain how, as he had implied, this would "matter", but he declined the offer.
I think that ever since then Uncle Al has been inclined to fly into a childish rage at the very appearance of any of my messages in his regular newsgroups.
I suppose he must be mortified that his ignorance could have been exposed so easily.
Keith P Walsh
MA Sonjariv wrote:

I've dug out my own favorite of Uncle Al's "gems".
The following is part of a newsgroup message from Mati Meron, Senior Research Associate in the Center for Advanced Radiation Sources at the University of Chicago (dated Sun, Sep 5 2004).
He is addressing his reply to Uncle Al in response to Uncle Al's comments on one of my submissions to sci.physics entitled "Has Nigel Calder Got Einstein Wrong".
(first me >>, then Uncle Al >, then Mati, then Uncle Al again >, then Mati again):
*************** start*********************

What's your problem, what he posted is quite accurate.

Would you have bothered to read, you would've noticed that he says exactly what you try to say.
Mati Meron snipped-for-privacy@cars.uchicago.edu
*************** end *********************
Uncle Al had completely misread my posting (I wasn't disagreeing with Nigel Calder), and he flew into one of his childish diatribes once again (I guess it must have hurt him real bad that someone should have exposed his ignorance as easily as I had done over the amalgam thing.)
Fortunately for me on that occasion a respected research scientist, Mati Meron, stepped in to put Uncle Al straight.
So I hope you don't think that I worry too much about what Uncle Al says.
In fact I would suggest that your apparent enthralment by Uncle Al's contributions indicates a serious lack of discernment on your part.
In other words - grow up.
Keith P Walsh
On 26 Oct 2006 04:48:26 -0700, "Keith P Walsh"
It is still the best reply to all your posts.

your stuff attempting to defend your ramblings, snipped

No I do not worry about you please do not concern yourself in that regard.

No enthrallment, just IMO an excellent reply, in Uncle Al's style, that encapsulates your posts the past, what 4-5 years?

Gosh, Mr. Walsh could that actually be an un-gentlemanly comment? From you, the elegant, gentleman troll?

Thank you for another brief bit of levity in a busy working day.
cheers, MA Sonjariv