Magnetic Susceptibility of Dental Amalgams

The electrical behavior of any material when subjected to an electromagnetic field is dependent upon its magnetic susceptibility.
The following abstract is from an experimental study published in 1940 to determine the magnetic susceptibility of various metal amalgams.
"The investigation of the magnetic properties of non-homogeneous systems: part I, experimental technique L F Bates, C J W Baker and R Meakin University College, Nottingham Received 10 January 1940
Abstract. A description is given of a new apparatus and technique for the examination of the magnetic susceptibility of a non-homogeneous material, with particular reference to the investigation of amalgams of metals in dilute solution in mercury. An important feature of the apparatus is that the electromagnet has one pole tip with a cylindrical surface and one pole tip with a plane face, so that when an amalgam is placed in a vertical tube suspended from a torsion balance, each portion of the amalgam is exposed to the same value of the gradient of H2 in the direction along which motion of the tube is possible; consequently, measurements can be made with amalgams which separate on standing."
See: http://www.iop.org/EJ/abstract/0959-5309/52/4/301 /
Does anyone know if any investigations have ever been carried out to determine the magnetic susceptibilities of the metal amalgams commonly used in dentistry?
Can I find out this information from any reliable scientific source?
Or does everyone just guess at it, as with every other electrical property of dental amalgams which the dental profession is completely ignorant of?
(Remember, amalgam fillings are placed in children's teeth.)
Keith P Walsh
PS, some enquiries concerning the electrical properties of dental amalgams can be found at:
http://book.boot.users.btopenworld.com/intro.htm

I remember reading a study that said that the electromagnetism from a computer monitor increased mercury vapour release three-fold. You might be able to find it on google.
I heard computer monitors emit 348 millivolts but amalgam fillings emit 349 millivolts. I am wondering why they are not the same.
Joel

--
Joel M. Eichen, .
Philadelphia PA
Re: Amalgam - Evidence Based Analysis. wrote:

--
Joel M. Eichen, .
Philadelphia PA

--
Joel M. Eichen, .
Philadelphia PA

Good thing you didn't the iron fillings ........
On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 20:40:19 -0800, "Mark Folsom"

--
Joel M. Eichen, .
Philadelphia PA

Why don't you consult the physics abstracts which most campus libraries have going back more than 100 years? We can't do your homework for you, especially when you plan to misinterpret physical phenomenology for your own personal, political gain.
360 millivolts, I believe ........

--
Joel M. Eichen, .
Philadelphia PA
Joel M. Eichen D.D.S. wrote:

Gum used to come wrapped in tin foil. To feel the effects of that 360 mV, chew on some tin foil with those fillings. :-)
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

OK, Keith Walsh may not know one has to unwrap the gum and toss out the wrapper .........

--
Joel M. Eichen, .
Philadelphia PA

[snip]
To whom are you replying, and what is this 360 millivolts?
Franz
I have no idea, but Keith Walsh has spam-bombed this newsgroup with 350 millivolts as the figure generated by amalgam fillings in situ. What do you think about it?
Joel

--
Joel M. Eichen, .
Philadelphia PA

Possibly, it may involve some legwork on your part. How long do they let you out for and how often?
carabelli

Until the battery runs down to less than 350 millivolts ........
--
Joel M. Eichen, .
Philadelphia PA

Okay, what B movie is this from?
carabelli

Qualitatively true, but do you think it's quantitatively important? Do any of the materials used in amalgams have a relative permeability significantly different from 1?
--
Richard Herring

You probably lost him after the word "have". Also, if he went quantitative on us, then he would disprove his own hard held assumptions and have to give up.
[snip]
You have been flogging this question for years now. It is obviously very important to you that you should get an answer.
Please let us in on the secret of why the answer is so important to you.
Franz
There is a secret mantra that is necessary (as password) when the alien abductions begin ......... spaceship aliens not Bush/Mexican aliens ..........

--
Joel M. Eichen, .
Philadelphia PA