Magnetic Susceptibility of Dental Amalgams

Dots ... dashes ... confuses the heck out of those Asians .......

JOEL

Reply to
Joel M. Eichen D.D.S.

In message , Joel M. Eichen D. D. S. writes

Pretty good for someone born in 1791, don't you think?

Richard Herring

I know where to find all the others, but I'd be interested to see the Thai encoding.

Google on "thai morse" gives nothing but restaurants in Louisiana.

Reply to
Richard Herring

As far as the internet goes, all things are possible. Did you know that we have a poster who ALMOST DIED from too many amalgam fillings?

JOEL

Reply to
Joel M. Eichen D.D.S.

Thai encoding? Anything like Thai noodles?

Reply to
Joel M. Eichen D.D.S.

. sara-a, .. sara-e, .- sara-r, --- sara-o, ..-- sara-eu, .-.- sara-air

---. sara-u, ..-.. sara-ie, ..-.- sara-au, ..--. sara aue, .-... sara-ar .-..- sara-i

I have no idea what all that means. Are those sounds?

Reply to
Cecil Moore

In message , Joel M. Eichen D. D. S. writes

Wonsen, bamii or guaytiao? I'd guess more like Sanskrit, actually.

Reply to
Richard Herring

Yes, they're the names of the vowels ("sara" is Thai for "vowel".) How about the consonants - does it give six different forms for 't' ?

Reply to
Richard Herring

They list three things that start with a 't': - tor-tow;

-..-- tor-tahan; -.-.. tor-tung

Reply to
Cecil Moore

Fair enough. It looks as though they've taken just the commonest letter from each phonological class, so the results may look a bit fonetik, but they should still be understandable.

Reply to
Richard Herring

No it doesn't. But it does mean that organisations like the the American Dental Association have no scientific evidence with which to discredit practising dentists like Paul Genung of Seattle, Washington, who promote information such as the following on their websites:

"Having read this far, you are probably thinking this article is primarily concerned with mercury toxicity. The toxicity, however, is not as severe a problem (for most people) as the electrical currents flowing in our mouths. Although they are rarely recognized, these currents cause far more problems than the mercury itself. "

See:

This statement directly contradicts the ADA's stated position that amalgam is "safe"; but the ADA appears utterly powerless to discredit this dentist scientifically.

And why?

Because, in spite of the fact that it has been demonstrated experimentally that metal amalgam dental fillings generate electrical potentials with magnitudes of up to 350 millivolts(*), it appears that there is no scientific evidence to indicate that these potentials are not able to dissipate electrical energy through the nerves in people's heads.

That's why.

The resting potentials of the nerve cells in the neurological fibers running to and from a child's teeth have a magnitude of only 70mV.

And amalgam dental fillings continue to be placed in children's teeth.

Experimental studies to determine whether or not the electrical potentials generated by amalgam fillings are able to dissipate electrical energy through the nerves in people's heads should therefore have been carried out.

And the results should be readily available.

If you can't see that then you have a very poor appreciation of what constitutes scientific understanding.

Do you have any amalgam fillings in your own teeth?

Keith P Walsh

(*) see:

Keith P Walsh

Whoa! Keith Walsh is flippin' ..... First 350 millivolts and now amalgam is POISON!

This is new!

Amalgamitis ,,,,, beware its catching!

JOEL

Reply to
Joel M. Eichen D.D.S.

Please say the above aloud while looking in the mirror. Also, you've gone off topic. I guess since there is no electromagnetic basis for you claims, you've moved on to some other hand waving excuse?

Reply to
Ar Fai Ve

Will listerine & flossing prevent this?

Reply to
Ar Fai Ve

No Joel, I'm not "flippin'".

I'm just remindin' everybody that there is no scientific evidence to indicate that the electrical potentials generated by amalgam dental fillings are not able to dissipate electrical energy through the nerves in people's heads.

And I'm pointin' out that some dentists are gettin' away with the practice of removin' patients' amalgam fillings on the grounds that they might cause physical problems by dissipatin' electrical energy to their surroundings, which is in direct contradiction to the Americam Dental Association's stated position on the "safety" of amalgam, and there ain't a darned thing that the ADA can do about it.

And why?

- because the ADA is just as ignorant as everyone else in this matter.

That's why.

Keith P Walsh

Reply to
Keith P Walsh

The original message with which I initiated this thread asked the following two questions:

"Does anyone know if any investigations have ever been carried out to determine the magnetic susceptibilities of the metal amalgams commonly used in dentistry?"

"Can I find out this information from any reliable scientific source?"

In view of the fact that the 170 or so messages posted in reply have failed to provide any useful answers, I am happy to be prompted to ask these questions again.

Does anyone know if any investigations have ever been carried out to determine the magnetic susceptibilities of the metal amalgams commonly used in dentistry?

Can I find out this information from any reliable scientific source?

Keith P Walsh

PS, the following is a list of some of the material properties the values of which, for dental amalgams, appear not to be known by anyone anywhere in the world:

electrical resistivity electrical conductivity (reciprocal property of resistivity) magnetic susceptibility permeability permittivity seebeck coefficient thomson coefficient

These properties each have an influence in defining the electrical behavior of the material when subjected to electrical potentials, electromagnetic fields and temperature differentials.

It appears that these properties are easily measured for other metallic materials.

However, in spite of the fact that amalgam fillings are placed in children's teeth, it appears that there isn't anyone anywhere in the world who knows what these properties are for dental amalgams.

Not anyone.

Anywhere.

It appears also that some people insist that it is possible to establish an accurate scientific understanding of the electrical behavior of dental amalgams whilst being completely ignorant of these properties.

I think that's idiotic.

And I remain confident that it isn't me who's the idiot.

Enquiries concerning the electrical properties of dental amalgams can be found at:

Keith P Walsh

Yep, if you use Listerine and floss you will not get amalgamitis. If you skip you will ALSO not get amalgamitis.

JOEL

Reply to
Joel M. Eichen D.D.S.

True, few know about 350 millivolts ........

and radio station receivers ......

Reply to
Joel M. Eichen D.D.S.

I have some anecdotal evidence. I recently had an MRI of my head. Yeah, yeah, they found nothing! Anyway, I felt absolutely no effects from the high magnetic field in my fillings nor in my caps.

The technician told me that some people insist on wearing their shoes with nails in them. He reported that their feet then levitate. So the field is damn strong.

My 2 cents worth.

Al

Reply to
Al

Fine, perhaps it is amalgamitaphobia rather than amalgamitis that is the real killer. Is there anything to prevent amalgamitaphobia other than staying clear of certain Dutch researh papers?

Reply to
Ar Fai Ve