Thinning Vinyl/Acrylic Adhesive?

Hello,
Thank you for the informative answers in the PETE vs PC thread. They were quite enlightening, and pushed me in the right direction
for reading and specimen testing.
I have another question which neither google nor my books readily give up an answer: what might be a good solvent for thinning vynil/acrylic adhesive (I'm working with the Liquid Nails caulk)? It has some solvent already in it, but I do not know what it is. It is a very good PETE adhesive, and relatively inexpensive, but a little too thick for my liking. I'd like to be able to spread it thinly on PETE film. I've tried elevating its temperature (to just below the glass transition temp of PETE), but that didn't work very well. Other things that occur to me to try are solvents and pressure.
I don't care too much about tensile strength degradation, as long as it doesn't fall below 3,000 psi or so, it doesn't degrade the PETE, and it continues to bond well to the PETE. What are some (preferably inexpensive) solvents I might want to try?
Thanks in advance, -- TTK

I can offer guarenteed advice since I've never worked with Liquid Nails before, but MEK or ethyl acetate would be my first guess anytime I'm working with an acrylic. If you can't locate these, a 70/30 w/w mixture of heptane/isopropanol would be nearly equivalent in terms of it solvancy.
John