American (Brand) -DecoArt- Acrylic Paint

How can you thin these paints to use with the Airbrush. And can they be thinned by using regular Alcohol like the kind you get from the Drug Store. I would like to spray some green paint onto a few dried flower things to make them look more like foliage for a diorama.

I have a lot of these paints I like to from time to time use them on those plaster Cast Buildings for 1/35 scale Dioramas.

I have had some success with using them on these and want to see if I can also use them for painting the foliage stuff.

I hope some of you can help me out here

thanks very much

,,

Reply to
cyberborg 4000

You bet they can be airbrushed. I have good results thinning with a little water and mostly 70% isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol. They need to be pretty thin to not clog up on your your airbrush tip. Also try some of the extender they sell for the paint. I think they even have a product now that says it is a thinner for airbrushing.

I would strain it through a nylon stocking stretched over the cup to catch any chunks.

I found that thinning with water only it tends to spray a little "spattery" and clogs the tip a lot., and with the alcohol it feathers out better and doesn't clog as much.

Good luck!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
Buzz