Sourcing an Acrylic / Plexiglas / Perspex / PMMA adhesive

I am currently trying to source an acrylic adhesive that fulfils the
following requirements, and I would appreciate any product suggestions.
Thanks
Grant
Requirements:
1/ Must be structural, very high strength
2/ Must be gap filling
3/ Must be clear after setting (no colouration, no bubbles released
from solvent evaporation)
4/ Must be unaffected by long term UV or Sunlight
5/ Must be permanently submersible in water (fresh and sea water)
6/ UV setting adhesives cannot be used due to nature of the join
7/ Must not give off extremely noxious vapours on setting
8/ Must be distributed in Europe
9/ Easily dispensed would be appreciated
The product is intended to bond cast, extruded and formed acrylic
together in a high-pressure, load bearing application. The intention is
to anneal the acrylic either before bonding or after. (Annealing and
setting the adhesive at the same time - I would be interested to know
some opinions on doing this together)
I have currently tested some products, specific polymer adhesives more
than general adhesives. I have tested:
IPS Weld-On #16 - seemed to fulfil the requirements except for the
bubbles released from the solvent. I have tried cooling the
solvent-based adhesives to 5deg =B0C before use to limit the bubbles
formed, but the result was still unsatisfactory.
IPS Weld-On #40/42 - has a yellow colour tinge.
A 'self-mixed' adhesive of Bostik Extrufix with acrylic cuttings
added to form a paste - seemed to fulfil the requirements except for
the bubbles released from the solvent.
Bostik Tensol #3 - From the specification it seemed this would fulfil
the requirements perfectly, however in use it gives of the most noxious
vapours.
Reply to
grant
I am currently trying to source an acrylic adhesive that fulfils the following requirements, and I would appreciate any product suggestions. Thanks Grant
There are many MMA based adhesives designed for the specific sheet. Contact the sheet manufacturer's for recommendations. Here's a link to Lucite

Frank Logullo

Site Timeline