Sourcing an Acrylic / Plexiglas / Perspex / PMMA adhesive

I am currently trying to source an acrylic adhesive that fulfils the following requirements, and I would appreciate any product suggestions. Thanks Grant

Requirements:

1/ Must be structural, very high strength 2/ Must be gap filling 3/ Must be clear after setting (no colouration, no bubbles released from solvent evaporation) 4/ Must be unaffected by long term UV or Sunlight 5/ Must be permanently submersible in water (fresh and sea water) 6/ UV setting adhesives cannot be used due to nature of the join 7/ Must not give off extremely noxious vapours on setting 8/ Must be distributed in Europe 9/ Easily dispensed would be appreciated

The product is intended to bond cast, extruded and formed acrylic together in a high-pressure, load bearing application. The intention is to anneal the acrylic either before bonding or after. (Annealing and setting the adhesive at the same time - I would be interested to know some opinions on doing this together)

I have currently tested some products, specific polymer adhesives more than general adhesives. I have tested:

IPS Weld-On #16 - seemed to fulfil the requirements except for the bubbles released from the solvent. I have tried cooling the solvent-based adhesives to 5deg =B0C before use to limit the bubbles formed, but the result was still unsatisfactory.

IPS Weld-On #40/42 - has a yellow colour tinge.

A 'self-mixed' adhesive of Bostik Extrufix with acrylic cuttings added to form a paste - seemed to fulfil the requirements except for the bubbles released from the solvent.

Bostik Tensol #3 - From the specification it seemed this would fulfil the requirements perfectly, however in use it gives of the most noxious vapours.

Reply to
grant

There are many MMA based adhesives designed for the specific sheet. Contact the sheet manufacturer's for recommendations. Here's a link to Lucite

Frank Logullo