Expanding material by electric power

Hello,
As I am investigating a possible solution for applying pressure without liquid or gas. The material will be in the dimensions of 100x100x2 mm or so.
I would like to know if there is any material out there which can:
Expand by the resolution of voltage run through or maintained over the area.
Has a resistans to heat from 20 - 200 C (may be softer but not harder over rise of temp) The material must stay intact over this range which means it must not be destroyd or loose its expanding properties.
The surface must have a soft smooth texture like rubber.
It would be nice if the only thing I have to do is to introduce the voltage on the sides of the material.
Very appriciated for answer or tips!
Regards
/Jay
resistans -> resistance loose -> lose appriciated -> appreciated it`s -> its
a pair of ferrite-embedded plastic solenoid cores (fridge magnets)
duh--it makes quiet velcro too.
snipped-for-privacy@tel.net wrote:

How much pressure? How much deflection? What are you trying to do?
I presume the deflection is in the 2mm thickness dimension of the layer. It'll be hard to find any material that'll expand smoothly by application of an electric field more than around 1% or so. That's only 20 micrometers for your 2 mm thickness...not much.
Polyvinylidenefluoride is piezoelectric and has the kind of softness you imply.