material for stator of electric machine

Hello I would like to know proper material for stator of electric machine. Please let me know what kinds of material would be best for stator body itself of electric rotating motor. best regards IH Lee ( snipped-for-privacy@chollian.net )

Reply to
Leeinhyuk

3% silicon iron is the standard material for magnetic laminations

Nick Rouse

Reply to
Nick Rouse

He said "best". Wouldn't a metallic glass be better? On the other hand, if the motor is to be a gift to me, the best material would be platinum or gold.

Reply to
Mark Thorson