material for stator of electric machine

Hello I would like to know proper material for stator of electric machine. Please let me know what kinds of material would be best for stator body
itself of electric rotating motor. best regards IH Lee ( snipped-for-privacy@chollian.net )
)
3% silicon iron is the standard material for magnetic laminations
Nick Rouse
Nick Rouse wrote:

He said "best". Wouldn't a metallic glass be better? On the other hand, if the motor is to be a gift to me, the best material would be platinum or gold.