Filament Winding of Flywheels

1. Where can you get 20 - 50 fiber carbon fiber "tow" or thread? Tip speeds will be in the trans or super sonic range. Since it needs to be balanced, the
finer the tow the better.
2. Is it easy to rig up, say, a lathe, form and epoxy bath to make a tire shaped object?
3. Does anyone do any prototyping for the above?
Bret Cahill

speeds
the
Put "carbon fibre rovings" into Google. That will get you your suppliers, then put "carbon fibre filament winding" into Google to find your fabricators.
--
Terry Harper
http://www.terry.harper.btinternet.co.uk /
BretCahill wrote: