heat sensative liquid?

hello, i recently saw a tv program which showed a glass coffee table surface which when touched reacted with a colour change....i assume it
was somekind of transparent gel/liquid between two sheets of glass based on the same principle as the old "global hyper colour t-shirts. when a drink is placed on the surface the rim of the glass leaeve a short lived colourfull marking when removed.....thanks in advance if anyone knows the name of this material or where i can get some...........A
alpha wrote:

it
Alpha:
You also can buy 12" x 12" x 0.007" thick mylar encapsulated Temperature Sensitive Liquid Crystal Sheets from Edmund Industrial Optics (www.edmundoptics.com)
I'm not sure who manufactures this stuff though.
Pittsburgh Pete
DISCLAIMER
We don't believe what we write, and neither should you. Information furnished to you is for topical (external) use only. This information may not be worth any more than either a groundhog turd, or what you paid for it (nothing). The author may not even have been either sane or sober when he wrote it down. Don't worry, be happy.