PhotoWorks - Renering clear glass/plastic parts

Hi, Could anyone offer a set of parameters for rendeing clear glass/plastic parts in photoworks 2.

I'm just looking for something with a plain background and I don't need any sort of scenery.

I do need to show shadows etc so a plain floor would be handy.

Thanks,

Kev

Reply to
alphawave

Since no one lese is responding... To make clear glass, set the color to white or as near as white as you dare. When using diffractive materials, this makes your material clear (do not use transparent materials). However, clear glass sucks in a rendering because it is transparent. In order for a clear material to show up, you need to show what it shows in the real world, which is reflections. So add a mirror (0.1-.0.3) and enable a reflective environment so your material has something to reflect. Be sure to set the number of refractions so the light can pass through every surface of your glass material - if it is a box, the refractions need to be set to at least 4 (one for each refractive surface - inside of glass body one, outside of glass body one, inside of glass body two, outside of glass body two)

Reply to
ed1701

Thanks Ed,

I'm on it now - I managed to get something looking OK - but setting the colour to white has made all the difference.

Thanks again

Kev

Reply to
alphawave