structural parts

Hi there,

I'm totally new to scale models so please bear if i sound dumb!

What i'm looking for is scaled skeleton parts of a building structure such as beams, columns, angles, etc. However I need them in rubber/ plastic or anything flexible. Any suggestions where on the web I can find these?

I checked ebay, etc., and found couple of eiffel tower models but nothing else. I don't mind buying the entire model if it has all I need.

Or, is there a way develop them using moulds?

Reply to
ab ticket

Try plastruct:

Unless someone can suggest something cheaper.

Reply to
Jack Bohn

Evergreen also makes some structural stuff, but I think Plastruct makes a much better variety.

Many of the better hobby shops carry one or both brands.

Also K & S makes some structural shapes in brass, aluminum, and stainless steel. While the brass and SS are fairly hard, the aluminum is reasonably soft and can be bent a bit with enough care.

Also, some of the wood suppliers make milled structural shapes, but of course this stuff is not flexible at all.

Reply to
Don Stauffer in Minnesota

You might check some of the model railroad dealers. There is a plethora of stuff that they stock for building bridges and structures and that sort of thing.

Whether there's anything which meets your needs, I don't know. But that's were I'd start looking.

Whoops, I did start looking - Walthers stocks a variety of these sorts of things in styrene by Plastruct, Inc.

Try them.

Type in "plastruct" in the "manufacturer" box and the search button will bring up more than that sort of stuff than you can use in a lifetime.

Cheers,

Reply to
Bill Shatzer

While I was briefly into model railroading a half century ago, I still keep up with their sources and state of the art. I buy a Model Railroader occasionally, frequently browse issue at library. I learned how to weather from model railroaders, and find many of their supplies and techniques very valuable to other genres of modeling.

Reply to
Don Stauffer in Minnesota