How to remove oil from impregnated sintered metal?

Hi group, I have an element made of sintered metal, it has open pores and is impregnated with oil (kind of light machine oil). Prior to chemical analysis
I need to remove that oil from pores. I've already tried boiling in acetone inside distilling column, it did a good thing to it, but not perfect. What solvent or a proverbal trick would you recommend to get rid of the oil. I dont have vacuum furnace, just simple distilling column. Was thinking about ether but safety and health issues scares me :). What about xylene or toluene? What will work better than acetone?
Thanks a lot!
--
meloon

melon wrote:

..... What will work better than acetone?
Acetone is not a brilliant solvent for oils. We use Trichloroethylene or there is a solvent called SBP2 - used in oil labs for removing oils !
Steve

Try with Triclorethilene vapours ! Try in open space.

analysis
acetone
about
Xylene or toluene would be better. I would use a Soxlet extractor if you can get one. Frank