Idea for isolation material wanted

Hello,

For an experimental set-up i want to set a hot metal plate in vibrations.

temperature: ~450 °C mass of plate: 0.5 kg frequency: 0-1000 Hz max. acceration of mass: 150 m/s²

I'm searching for a material for isolating this hot plate from the vibration-excitation by a commercial shaker.

requirements:

1) low thermal conductivity (for isolating) 2) resitence to compression AND torque 3) fatigue strength 4) stiff / high bulk modulus: otherwise the material would act as a spring and wouldn'd transfer the vibrating motion. 5) easy shaping with lathe or milling machine possible

In my opinion polymers like teflon won't be stiff enough to transfer the vibration. I also thought about ceramics but I doupt they can resist vibraitonal stress.

I'm thankfull for your suggestions - best with sorce where i can buy this material in low quantities.

Thanks in advance,

Bernd

Reply to
Bernd Breitschaedel

You might want to check sites that sell vibration isolators for some of the basic technology, and design considerations.

Mostly, it isn't solved by "a material".

An example.......

jbuch

Sorry this is a missunderstanding. I want to do just _thermal_ isolation. But i want to transfer the vibrations from the shaker to the hot plate.

Greetings, Bernd

Reply to
Bernd Breitschaedel

isolating -> insulating wouldn'd -> wouldn't doupt -> doubt thankfull -> thankful

Aerogels and xerogels are sheltery and stiff.

Reply to
Autymn D. C.

Thank for your suggestions. I've found a solution for my problem.

Bernd Breitschaedel.

Bernd Breitschaedel schrieb:

Reply to
Bernd Breitschaedel