Identify Plastic tube

I have an 8.5" x 42" clear plastic tube with a 1/4" wall thickness. How can I identify the type of plastic.
It is probably Plexiglass which I think also called Acrylic.
What type of solvent can I use to weld (disolve) two pieces together? Thanks Mike
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
Add image file
Upload is a website by engineers for engineers. It is not affiliated with any of manufacturers or vendors discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.