Magnesium vs. Aluminium Fatigue Strength Data Needed

Hello Dear Forum!
As in subject, I am in need of ANY general _comparable_ fatigue strength characteristics (data/charts?) concerning
advantages (disadvantages?) of magnesium alloys over aluminum ones (in this area).
Would be grateful for any suggestions, time is a matter...
Greetz! Adam
--
DH rules
theyvid (at) fancol (dot) com
| Hello Dear Forum! | | As in subject, I am in need of ANY general _comparable_ | fatigue strength characteristics (data/charts?) concerning | advantages (disadvantages?) of magnesium alloys over | aluminum ones (in this area). | | Would be grateful for any suggestions, time is a matter... | | Greetz! | Adam | | -- | DH rules | theyvid (at) fancol (dot) com | iseekyou: 49894592
"J.S." wrote:

Yeah, I know that both aluminium and magnesium alloys don't possess the fatigue limit (e.g. in contrast to steel or titanium), but I found some info saing that the fatigue strength of Mg is in general much better than Al alloys anyway.
So I just need a confirmation (or a contadiction...) of this in any realiable - and comparable - measured test results (I have found something already, but there seems to be no way to any make comparison - the tests were run with quite different initial conditions).
Thank you, Greetings
--
DH rules
theyvid (at) fancol (dot) com
TheYvid wrote:

Head for a good library...... call them before you go or look in their online catalog.
Is it correct to infer that you are unfamiliar with the subject of fatigue? If so, then there are additional references that would be useful, such as Carroll Smith "Engineer to Win" .... a book on the engineering uses of materials in race vehicles.
Jim
----------------------------------------------------------------------- Atlas of Fatigue Curves edited by H.E. Boyer, 518pp, 1986, ISBN: 0871702142
     Contains more than 500 fatigue curves for industrial ferrous and nonferrous alloys. Also includes a thorough explanation of fatigue testing and interpretation of test results. Each curve is presented independently and includes an explanation of its particular importance. The curves are titled by standard industrial designations (AISI, CDA, AA, etc.) of the metals, and a complete reference is given to the original source to facilitate further research. The correction includes standard S-N curves, curves showing effect of surface hardening on fatigue strength, crack growth-rate curves, curves comparing the fatigue strengths of various alloys, effect of variables (i.e. temperature, humidity, frequency, aging, environment, etc.) and much, much more.

Keepsake gift for young girls.