Magnetic permissive stainless steel

How much influence has thermical treatments in the magnetic permeability of the stainless steel? I am working in the development of solenoids and I need an adequate
stainless steel to use in the manufacturing of the pole and plunger of the solenoids. I made some experiences whith the AISI 430F stainless steel, (this was the stainless steel whith best results) which seems to have a correct chemical composition for this kind of applications, but the results were not has I expected to be. I dont know the thermical treatment of the sample I used, but I suspect that this have some importance. I would be very grateful if anyone could help me!