Best steel for bending

    I have a project in which I need to make a bracket with a 90 degree bend with a thickness of 3/32 of an inch or 0.090, and a width
of 7/8 of an inch. It will also require plating. Can anyone recommend a steel for this application?
Thank-you for your time and consideration
If you don't get an answer you're probably asking the wrong question. What are your design parameters? For example, what kind of conditions will the bracket be subject to? Stresses (torsional, shear)? Chemicals? Outdoor, indoor? Given the general nature of your question one could recommend anything from mild or carbon steel to stainless to cold-rolled. One would also have to ask why you're not considering aluminum.