Best steel for bending

I have a project in which I need to make a bracket with a 90 degree bend with a thickness of 3/32 of an inch or 0.090, and a width of 7/8 of an inch. It will also require plating. Can anyone recommend a steel for this application?

Thank-you for your time and consideration

Reply to
Hector

The "mild steel" at the hardware store will require cleaning the mill scale off and prob'ly some narrowing from 1" wide too.

Don't know where you'd get it but sounds like "cold rolled" or "cold finished" steel is what you're looking for since you want to plate it. :)

Alvin in AZ

Reply to
alvinj

Thanks!! You've been a great help.

Hector

Reply to
Hector

Cool. :) I'm the dumbest guy on s.e.m and even I can help someone! Sez a lot for the caliber of this newsgroup huh? ;)

Alvin in AZ

Reply to
alvinj