Need hopper bin and screw feed -- what's available?

I'm building a prototype machine that requires a small hopper and a screw feed system for feeding a granular material similar to sawdust at a constant rate. What I'd like to
find is some sort of reasonably priced machine that has a system like this which I can scavenge and adapt to my prototype. Does anyone know of such a machine? Maybe something like an automatic animal feeder?
If the hopper could hold 1 to 5 pounds, that would be about right. A screw diameter of 0.5 to 1 inch would be about right. I'd like it to be driven by a little electric motor.

Try "Volumetric Feeder" in Google.
--
Terry Harper
http://www.terry.harper.btinternet.co.uk /
Terry Harper wrote:

Thanks, that provided lots of relevant hits.
Mark Thorson wrote:

Check google for volumetric feeder. Unfortunately they can be quite expensive for a relatively simple machine. They come in all sizes and variations some with unique features to handle sticky materials. If you find a cheap small unit - I'm also interested. I'll try to dig up some links for you this weekend.
Gregg
Gregg wrote:

If it saves me a few days of my time, expensive might be okay. I only need one. If the prototype is successful, the whole machine will be re-engineered competently.

The search term "screw conveyer" is also useful. These are devices, often with a flexible screw and surrounding tube, used to transfer flowable powders. An interesting effect is that the screw (often a spring made from metal wire or ribbon) is self-centering within the hose. Instead of a rigid screw at the bottom of a hopper, the flexible screw conveyor is almost like a vacuum hose that can be inserted into an arbitrary container.
Mark Thorson wrote:

Try this link www.flexicon.com They make screw conveyers - you may also want to try ebay!! I'll look for my notes on feeders this weekend.
Good luck Gregg