Shape Memory Alloy

Hi

From some references I have the curves for Young's Modulus and Recovery Stress vs Temperature for an SMA wire with clamped ends.

Objective: I want the curve for "Thermal Expansion Coeff" with Temperature.

I have used the formula :

Rec stress = E x Alpha x del T

From which: Alpha = del (Rec. Stress / E) / del T

where: E = Young's modulus, del (change), Alpha = Therm Expan.Coff

The values of Alpha from above Eq are ok for Pure Aust. Phase or Pure Mart phase But the curve is highly irregular for transformation phase.

So please anyobdy help find the Right Algorithm to capture Alpha with time for transformation phase of SMA

Best regards

- Aldebaran -

Reply to
Aldebaran