transmission FTIR v. reflectance FTIR

Dear Group,

I am new to this group, but this site was recommended by a carbon research association. I was hoping someone here might be able to give me a concise explanation of the difference between transmission FTIR and reflectance FTIR. I am preparing to do some FTIR research on activated carbon, and I'm having some difficulty with information overload. I went to the library to find literature on the subject, and it all seemed very confusing.

Thank you for your help. Any insight into the problem would be much appreciated.

Ellen

Reply to
Ellezeebubbly