what can leach off siliconized polypropylene and act like a surfactant?

Hello, I am seeking more information about siliconized polypropylene. I have a background in molecular biology and have noticed that something
leaches off siliconized polypropylene tubes, which act like a surfactant or detergent, or somehow make SDS micelles more concentrated or more stable. Does anyone know why? And what exactly does "siliconized" polypropylene mean?, I have been unable to find much information about how it is manufactured. Thank you, Kelly
Kelly Price wrote:

siliconized is a generic term for silane treated to lower the surface tension of the plastic. Gelest sell dozens of them - some are hydrophobic while other have amine groups etc. which can produce high surface tensions (easily wetted surfaces). www.gelest.com/ If the coating is not cured properly or an improper silane is used - they can leach out and act as a surfactant.
Gregg
Gregg