Why is rubber elastomate

Hi, I knew some resin and rubber name the same . I think it is quite differences Could you tell me about what rubber is and why rubber is elastomate.
Thanks Chip
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (trangrriv) wrote in message

Rubber is elastomeric because of the crosslinks. You can tug on one end of the sample, but the crosslinks won't let the molecules make large scale, permanent deformations. If you can't get these large scale deformations, the object will return to it's original shape.
"Rubber" and "resin" are not well defined scientific terms, unless you are talking about "latex rubber". "Resin" is a nightmare with multiple meanings. I try to avoid using the term at all, although you hear others use it plenty.
John

I'd like to hear some opinions and develop a consensus about the word resin. I am uncomfortable with the way the word is used and would like to hear good definitions one may not find in a dictionary.
Dr. K