Advice regarding ME and MET

PK wrote:

The few people I know with technology degrees have ended up working outside of industry. Fair or not, most employers do not consider an ET degree to be worth much, other than for technician grade work. Put in the extra math and sciences and go for the real thing, it will be worth it in the long run.
--
jeff

PK: The ME degree is going to be the most flexible, career wise, when you are done, unless you have a specific carreer / job in mind. The math is not ususally required in the job, but it is essential for understanding many concepts at their basic level. I have found that while I don't use much more than algebra in my work I do use the principles in understanding new problems.
Good luck

Thanks everyone for all of the info. I have decided to go the straight engineering route as opposed to the tech route. I realize that it will most likely be more work, but I also think it will be a greater reward, not only financially, but also intellectually.
I'll try to participate here as best as I can, when I'm not nose deep in my texts. :)
Again, thanks everyone for all of your assistance.