Automatic mechanism capable of 2D translation.

Hi,

I'd like to do some wireless channel measurements using an automatic mechanism capable of X-Y translation to move my receivers covering a grid at interval of several cms or so. I used Logo robots to test this, but the positions are not accurate enough. I guess using the step motor to drive some wheels with a controling circuit might work, and the controlled signals need to be programmable or connected to PC to coordinate with the testing system. However, I don't know what sorts of companies would sell products like this, or other simple ways for this testing purpose. Does anyone have any suggestion of commencial products or how to build one testing system?

Thanks, Lung, 5/18/2006

Reply to
Lung