Burnished SS rods

We've been using 303 stainless, centerless ground, 0.125" diam, and
running rods through a roll burnisher to provide smooth finish for low
sliding friction. We now need to convert to 400 series SS, because we
have to have a magnetic material (300 series is non-magnetic). The 416
samples we have are extremely hard to roll burnish...they get very hot
running through the burnisher. Any suggestions for how to spec 400
series SS that's easier to roll burnish? Thanks.
Paul Mathews
Reply to
Paul Mathews
Paul-
Property cold worked 301 is magnetic
Would a drawn & then burnished rod work for you?
cheers Bob
Reply to
BobK207

Site Timeline