Closed form, analytical solutions for composite plate vibration

Hi. Does anyone have a paper they can direct me to that contains the closed form, analytical solutions for composite plate vibrations? Unfortunately, many of the papers which I found by looking myself are only available in hardcopy format at my library (they were published too early), and it would take ages to search through all of them manually.

Specifically, I am looking for papers that provide closed form, analytical solutions to the natural frequency and mode shapes (eigenvalues/vectors) of composite, fibre-reinforced plates. The variables would be plate constraints, plate width or length, plate shape, lamina thickness and fibre orientation.

Thanks!

Reply to
justabeginner

It'd probably be easier to do a torsion experiment as the anelastic behavior of the material is probably not known, especially for layered or composite materials. Check out the book by Zener on anelastic and elastic behavior of metals. That should give you a good starting point (this is the Zener diode guy, classic text and still applicable today).

and if you find any papers, please post, I'm also interested in this.

-srvclapton

Reply to
srvclapton

nom_de_plume79 , i may be of some help if you can tell me more information about what you wish to accomplish. what deformation theory are you looking into? do you want to develop a closed form equation yourself or do you want to use one for analysis. as for publicaitons, yes i have a huge collection of them i MAY BE able to find one for you but before that i would like to know exactly what you need. do not post. i may miss it. mail me directly.

shivakar

Reply to
vsshivakar