Thanks, Bret.

Musatov

Reply to
Musatov

Ah don' see no pitcha....

Brian W

Reply to
Brian Whatcott

Type in sin(t) and click on the red '=' sign. When you get the idea, try again.

Reply to
Androcles

That was disappointing - that Wolfram's stuff couldn't handle f(t) = 40 + 10t + (4+ t)sin(t)sin(10t) or solve f(t) = 40 + 10t + (4+ t)sin(t)sin(10t).

It must be pretty fragile. Maybe it will get stronger. Meanwhile, I'll stick with MatLab.

Brian W

Reply to
Brian Whatcott

It works. Just leave off the 'f(t) =' part.

Bob

Reply to
BobW

But it did handle it, it simply didn't like your syntax. Copy and paste this:

40 + 10t + (4+ t)sin(t)sin(10t) =

I'm not sure what Cahill finds exciting about it, though.

Reply to
Androcles

Got it! Thanks. I was hoping for more free form capability, I guess

Brian w

Reply to
Brian Whatcott

..and then again, it may be totally useless as well as off-topic.

Tom Davidson Richmond, VA

Reply to
tadchem

and the answer is available in many books. However, that requires reading a book.

/BAH

Reply to
jmfbahciv

Reply to
John Fields

Why do nonsensical none math related terms like 'Muslim' keep popping up? I don't buy the motivations of characters on USENET like 'Uncle Al', I think the whole thing is a scam.

-- Musatov

Reply to
Musatov

Usenet is plagued with desperate trolls who can't get anything posted on the moderated groups.

Most of them are mentally ill.

Tom Davidson Richmond, VA

Reply to
tadchem

Usenet is plagued with desperate trolls who can't get anything posted on the moderated groups.

Most of them are mentally ill.

Tom Davidson Richmond, VA ======================================= The mentally ill claim that YOU are mentally ill. How to decide?

Reply to
Androcles

First, the secondary evidence: is the poster anonymous? Is the pseudonym fanciful or indicative of a role player whose grasp may be attenuated?

Then the primary evidence: is the poster respectful, whether agreeing or disagreeing? Is the point a cogent one - or humorous, or amusingly cantankerous? But above all, is the note relevant?

Those would be some criteria one could use, I suppose....

Brian W

Reply to
Brian Whatcott

So in your estimation: being respectful, humorous and relevant is primary evidence of mental illness.

Disrespectfully, Androcles.

Reply to
Androcles