FElt for teaching finite elements

I am going to teach an introductory course of finite elements. I want to present simple examples of 1D and 2D problems, using non-structured triangular meshes, for scalar and vector equations. The students will have practical classes on computers with linux. I have been using MODULEF for this purpose but I noticed it is too heavy for a student to learn the MODULEF syntax and tricks. I wonder if using the FElt software would be more appropriate. Has anybody used FElt recently ? Is it a good choice for teaching finite elements ? Do you recommend another software instead ? (free software only) Thank you. Cristian Barbarosie

Cristian Barbarosie