good simple sketching program

I do stress analysis work, and we're always on the lookout for a simple,
decent sketching program to do free body diagrams and the like. We pull a
lot of images off our electronic drawings (pdf files) and being able to add
simple fiugres to these would be a great help.
Anybody have ideas?
Right now, I use Paint (not good enough) and Canvas (which is too much, I
think....certainly too expensive for the company to furnish all of our
analysts with it)
Thanks...
Reply to
Howard Carter
to d/l Paint.NET v 3.0 alpha (from Microsoft)
i just learned of this, installed it, havent had a chance to use it.
ms wrote:
Reply to
PeterNRoth
Bad idea. I tried to use it today to draw a diagram of an ozone molecule, and it lagged so much. I have heard incredible things about Canvas, but I'm using Inkscape for the moment. It's an X11 program, so I think it'll run on most *NIX systems, although I found it on a Mac software site. Oh yeah, it's open source.
Reply to
Avi Schwartz
Have you tried the drawing portion of MSWord? Right click on the top bar and check Drawing on the menu. I put the menus at the bottom of the screen for conveniance.
Bud Trinkel HYDRA-PNEU CONSULTING, INC. 726 Outer Gray Street Newburgh, IN 47630-1517 snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com
Reply to
BudT
We do all our analysis work in MathCAD. Some of us use Word, but it just seems a little too simple.
Maybe we're looking for too much....something simple that still is set up for simple technical drawings.
Reply to
Howard Carter

Site Timeline