Human-centered design Innovation Fellowship

Hi all,

My name is Yi and I'm working for an NGO in Cambodia called International Development Enterprises (iDE). iDE is currently developing a human-centered design innovation lab, we=92re in the process of recruiting members of the HCD innovation team. We have 2 really neat fellowship positions. The first is for a mechanical engineer/designer. (One more to come in another week for a social scientist.) The summary is below, including the link to more information.

The job calls for several years of experience, but even if the job isn't for you, I thought you guys might know friends/colleagues who might be interested. I'd be grateful if you could circulate this to the those networks and others whom you think would be interested in the opportunity. The applications are due in 3.5 weeks, and the fellowship will cover pretty much all costs, including a very comfortable living stipend.

Thanks much! Yi

FELLOWSHIP: Human-Centered Design Innovation Lab Fellow

Interested in designing extremely affordable innovations to tackle problems that are of life-and-death importance?

We are building the first Human-Centered Design Innovation Lab in Cambodia. And we need you to help us launch it. IDE is looking for a design-thinker, with 2-4 years experience in mechanical engineering and product development. You will be the lead mechanical engineer on a multi-disciplinary team, based in Phnom Penh for a 1-year Fellowship.

This is an opportunity to work on real-world problems alongside a close-knit, international, top-calibre team. You=92ll wear many hats, including that of a coach, to grow HCD in Cambodia. You will have a rich experience that will touch the lives of those who most need life- changing opportunities. And at the end of the year, if we see a mutual fit, you=92ll be offered an opportunity to stay on as full-time Leader at the innovation-Lab.

For full details, including how to apply, please download the position description at

Yi Wei