Inspect Thread Rolling

Dear, All

I have no experience of thread rolling. I want to know how to inspect thread rolling.

Material : stainless steel Tensile strength : over 1070Mpa

  1. NDT Is it mandatory to inspect flaw using NDT?

  1. grain flow Is it mandatory to inspect grain flow? How to inspect grain flow? What is the criteria for inspection? Is grain flow important to thread rolling?

Reply to
iwillfly

Thread rolling is the superior technology for thread forming. If the profile is good, then the properties will be good. What is mandatory is given by a test specification. This should detail methods

Brian Whatcott Altus OK

Reply to
Brian Whatcott