meaning of dynamic and static analysis

what is meant of dynamic analysis and static analysis in FEM?

regds, Yogesh Joshi

Reply to
yogesh

Static and dynamic have the same meaning as used elsewhere in engineering.

Static has no acceleration or constant acceleration (applied as force). This is common linear static analysis (F = KX).

Dynamic covers modal analysis and transient (time history) analysis (F = KX + MA + BV, interia and damping added).

Reply to
Jeff Finlayson

Reply to
Roger

Whenever I searched on the net for dynamic analysis I got the reference as "dynamic AND vibrational analysis" at some places and "dynamic OR vibrational anlysis" at others. So does dynamic analysis mean vibrational analysis or do dynamic analysis is wider term covering the vibrational analysis.? What are the other type of problems apart from vibrational analysis which can be solved using dynamic analysis?

Regds, Yogesh Joshi

Reply to
yogesh

Whenever I searched on the net for dynamic analysis I got the reference as "dynamic AND vibrational analysis" at some places and "dynamic OR vibrational anlysis" at others. So does dynamic analysis mean vibrational analysis or do dynamic analysis is wider term covering the vibrational analysis.? What are the other type of problems apart from vibrational analysis which can be solved using dynamic analysis?

Regds, Yogesh Joshi

Reply to
yogesh

The later. Modal and transient analyses are both dynamic analyses.

With estimated or measured data, liftoff and flight of Space Shuttle, various rockets, missiles along with flight of aircraft are analyzed using forms of transient analysis. These analyses are to determine peak accelerations and other data for subsequent structural analysis.

Jeff F.

Reply to
Jeff Finlayson