difference between solver and processor?

what is the meaning of the terms solver and processor in relation to fem?
do they mean the same thing.?
regards,
Yogesh Joshi
Reply to
yogesh
-- Make that a similar question.
Anyway, I think your questions were answered in the previous thread. In short, a procesor is a pre and post processor. A solver does the actual FE analysis.
Reply to
Jeff Finlayson
Many fem related sites I visited mention processor separate from their pre and post counterpart(Processor is separate from preprocessor and postprocessor. ) .i.e the software can be divided into preprocessor ,processor and post processor.And yes one can logically deduce that processor must be the solver, but I wanted expert opinion about it so I dared to ask the similar question once again.
regards, Yogesh JOshi
Reply to
yogesh
OK, if processor is used seperately from pre/postprocessor then that'd refer to the solver. That's not the most common usage though. A processor or CPU might be mentioned in a different context.
Reply to
Jeff Finlayson

Site Timeline